FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I know the items in the iCare inmate packages are permitted in the facility?
All inmate care package programs and iCare fresh meals have been pre-approved by the facility, so you can rest assured that your gift will be delivered!
Can iCare guarantee the contents of each inmate food package?
All products depicted (in images and text) are subject to change or substitution. The images associated with your order are only a representation of what is available. The descriptions are subject to substitution based on limitations placed on the recipient. Because of availability and the ability to obtain different products in different regions of the country, it may be necessary to substitute different product(s) of the same kind. All products are of equal or greater value.
How many iCare inmate commissary packages can I send?
Most facilities will allow you to purchase more than one iCare package at a time. Please contact our Customer Service Team at (877) 615-3296 if you have questions about the specific number of iCare inmate commissary packages allowed to be sent in one week.
My prepaid credit card does not have a billing address. Can I use it on this site?
Because our site always validates a billing address, you must first call (or visit the website of) the prepaid credit card company to register a billing address for the credit card.
What forms of payment can I use?
We accept Visa and MasterCard.
When will my iCare inmate care package be delivered?
We make every attempt to deliver your order on the next scheduled delivery day according to the facility’s permitted delivery times. Due to different schedules at different correctional facilities, delivery times can be affected. Some facilities allow multiple deliveries during a given time period and others allow only one delivery per week.
For example: If a facility’s delivery day is Tuesday, and an order is placed the day after the facility’s normal delivery day, the order will be delivered the next available delivery day (the following Tuesday, a week later). If an inmate is released prior to receipt of the iCare inmate commissary packages, a refund will be issued.
How do I create an iCare account?
NOTICE: If this is your first time on our new website, your email address and password combination from the former iCare website is no longer active. You’ll need to create a new password before you can send your next inmate food package. Here’s how:
1) Click the “Login” button in the upper right-hand corner
2) Select “Create Account” on the right-hand side of the page
3) Select “Go to Homepage” and begin shopping
How do I order inmate commissary packages online?
1) Go to our homepage and click “Start Shopping” to locate the inmate you’re shopping for.
2) First, select the state the facility is in from the dropdown menu. Then, find your loved one by entering their first name, last name, or inmate number. (To perform a search, you must enter at least three characters.) Then, click the “Search” button.
3) Select the appropriate inmate, then click the “Yes” button that appears next to the inmate’s name and location.
4) The selected inmate’s name will appear at the top of the page. At that time you can start shopping for care packages for your inmate by selecting the quantities and gift messages you would like to send. If all information is accurate, select “Add to Cart.”
5) You will see the gift bag you have just added to your cart on the upper right-hand side of the screen.
6) Click “Proceed to Checkout” to enter your payment information.
7) Enter your credit card and billing information and click “Next” at the bottom of the screen.
8) Review the Terms and Conditions and check off the button.
9) “Submit” the order to complete your purchase.
10) You’ll receive a confirmation email with a tracking link for your order. You can track the status of your care package for your inmate by clicking this link or by going to the “Order Status” section of our website and entering your order number and email.
I forgot my password, what do I do now?
1) Click the “Sign In” button on the upper right-hand side of the homepage, then click “Forgot your password?” When prompted, enter your email address.
2) You’ll receive an email to reset your password within 30 minutes; click the link provided in the email to reset your password. Then, click “Save” and log in with your new password.
Is this site secure? How do I know my personal information will be safe?
Yes, this site is secure. All of your personal information is transferred over the internet using 128-bit encryption.
If you’re using Internet Explorer or Firefox web browsers, there should be a golden lock at the bottom left of your browser window. By double-clicking on the lock, you’ll see our security certificate information: Aramark Corporation, verified by VeriSign, Inc. VeriSign is a well-known security validation certificate company; you can visit their website here.
Always make sure the certificate is not expired! To do this, the webpage address (also known as URL or LINK) should always include HTTPS at the beginning of the web address instead of the normal HTTP.
My account is locked. How do I unlock it?
NOTICE: If this is your first time on our new website, your email address and password combination from the former iCare website is no longer active. If you haven’t yet created an account on this website, please refer to the How Do I Create an Account question above.
Click the “Login/Create Account” button, then click the “Forgot your password?” button on the login page. When prompted, enter your email address to have a new password emailed to you. This will also unlock your account. If you haven’t received your new password within 15 minutes, please check your spam or junk mail folders.
Why do I have to create an account?
Creating an account allows you to:
1) Track your order status online at any time
2) Check out faster and easier
3) Be the first to hear about our promotions and special offers
How do I track my orders?
- To see the status of any inmate care package, log in and go to “Order Status”.
- If you don’t have an account, enter the order number you received in an email and the email address you used to place the order.
Why am I getting an error on the payment page?
- Does the billing address you entered match the billing address of the credit card you used?
- Is the expiration date on the front of your credit card valid?
- Is the CVV code from the back of your credit card entered correctly?
- Have you checked the available balance on your credit card?
How do I get a promotional code?
Simply enter your email on the homepage or sign up for an account to take advantage of money-saving offers, specials, and other valuable promotions.
How do I create the most protective password?
- Choose a long password (eight or more characters)
- Use a combination of numbers, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and special characters
- Try not to use common dictionary words, names, or sequential letters/numbers
What is a CVV?
Credit card verification value (CVV) is a three-digit number printed on the signature panel on the back of your card.
Unless prohibited by law or otherwise specified in this Section 4, all sales are final and iCare orders are non-refundable once purchased. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Aramark makes every attempt to deliver your packaged order on the next scheduled delivery day according to the facility’s permitted delivery times. Delivery of your packaged order is subject to the inmate being available to receive iCare. Aramark will attempt to deliver a packaged order three (3) times within a 30 day timeframe. If Aramark is unable to deliver your packaged order for any reason, including, but not limited to the fact that the recipient is on a disciplinary or medical restriction, Aramark will place packaged iCare order in storage until inmate is released from disciplinary or medical restriction. Additionally, if the inmate has been released from the Facility prior to Product delivery and fails to claim such Product from the Facility within ten (10) days after release, the Product shall become the property of the Sheriff. With respect to freshly prepared iCare orders, Aramark will make one timely delivery attempt. If a freshly-prepared order is cancelled for any reason or if Aramark is unable to deliver a freshly-prepared order for any reason, Aramark will dispose of it in its entirety and will not refund the order.
What payment methods are acceptable?
Payment is collected by iCare at the time your order is placed. We accept payment by Visa and MasterCard only. The charges will appear on your credit card statement as “Aramark Correctional Services.”
What happens if there are issues with my payment method?
If your credit card information cannot be authorized or is otherwise in error, we may suspend or cancel your order. In the event of such failure, we may take reasonable steps to retry your credit card. We may contact you to reconfirm or update your payment information. We are not responsible for any fees incurred by you when charging or retrying your payment method, including but not limited to, overdraft fees.
Can I update my payment information?
You can update or change your payment method and other billing and payment account information by visiting your user account page on our website. Changes made to your billing account will not affect charges that we submit to your billing account before we could reasonably act on your changes to your billing account.
Can I get a refund for a product I purchased?
Unless prohibited by law or for products we attempt to deliver to released prisoners (described in the FAQ below), all sales are final and iCare orders are non-refundable once purchased. In some circumstances we may, in our sole discretion, provide you a refund for a purchase. No refunds are guaranteed.
What happens if an inmate is not available to accept a delivery?
We make every attempt to deliver your packaged order on the next scheduled delivery day according to the facility’s permitted delivery times. Delivery of your packaged order is subject to the inmate being available to receive iCare packages.
We will attempt to deliver all non-freshly prepared packaged orders three (3) times within a 30 day timeframe. (Our protocol on attempted deliveries of freshly prepared iCare packaged orders is described in the FAQ below.) If we are unable to deliver your packaged order for any reason, including, but not limited to the fact that the recipient is on a disciplinary or medical restriction, we will cancel your packaged order, and we will, in our sole discretion, issue a refund of the purchase price to the original credit card used to place the packaged order.
What happens if an inmate is released before the package is delivered?
If an inmate is released prior to receipt of an iCare packaged order, we will issue a refund of the purchase price to the original credit card used to place the packaged order, unless a correctional facility does not permit our issuance of a refund. We will only respond to refund requests within 90 days from the date of purchase.
Are there fees if I cancel an order?
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to charge you a restocking fee and handling fee. We will only charge you fees consistent with applicable law in the jurisdiction where you and/or the inmate are located.
What is your policy for freshly-prepared orders?
With respect to freshly prepared iCare orders, we will make a one time delivery attempt. If a freshly-prepared order is cancelled for any reason, or if we are unable to deliver a freshly-prepared order for any reason, we will dispose of it in its entirety and will not refund the order.
CDCR Quarterly Package Program
Packages can be ordered once per quarter for inmates in California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation facilities
Visit CDCR FAQ to learn more.
ICARE VISITATION QUESTIONS
Where can I find information specific to the location I plan to visit?
- Information specific to the facility you are planning to visit can be found on the Delivery Schedule section of that specific facility iCare homepage.
When should I place my order for a Visitation Meal?
- Please secure your visitation time with the correctional facility before placing any iCare Visitation meal orders. Do not place any orders until after your visitation time is confirmed. Lead times for ordering vary by facility. Please refer to the facility’s iCare delivery schedule for details.
What if I need to cancel my Visitation order?
- While no refunds or cancellations are guaranteed, under certain circumstances, iCare visitation orders can be cancelled and refunded. For instance, if a request is made prior to 72 hours before originally scheduled meal delivery time by calling our call center at (888) 439-5020. However, under no circumstances will refunds be given if less than 72 hours’ notice is provided or if a visitation appointment is completely missed for any reason.
What if I am late for my visit?
- If the meal has been prepared for a visitation event, food will be made available for a specific period of time. If a visitor arrives late and the order cannot be delivered, the meal will be disposed of it in its entirety and the order will not be refunded.
Can leftovers be taken out of the Visitation area?
- Incarcerated individuals will not be permitted to take leftovers with them. Visitors may take one 9”x9”x3” container home.
What if the quality of my visitation meal is unsatisfactory?
- If a meal is unsatisfactory, notice must be given during the visitation to the foodservice staff.